The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, with its head office located at the heart of the Empire, London, solves mysterious happenings that leave normal law enforcement officials baffled.
Located in a secret location near the river Thames, the Ministry that protects all citizens of the Empire from the occult, the paranormal and from secret societies bent on bringing down Old Blighty.
They take only the best, the brightest and the bravest men and women from all the dominions and outposts of civilisation. They are here to protect every one of the citizens of the Empire from threats that would haunt their dreams… if they but knew.
Awards and Honours
- Winner RT Reviewer’s Choice Award for steampunk 2014
- Finalist RT Reviewer’s Choice Award for steampunk 2015
- Steampunk Chronicle 2014 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Fiction (The Ministry Protocol)
- 2013 Parsec Award for Best Speculative Fiction Magazine or Anthology Podcast (Tales from the Archives: Volume 2)
- Steampunk Chronicle 2013 Reader’s Choice Award for Best Fiction (The Janus Affair)
- #7 Best Science Fiction of 2012 on Goodreads.com (The Janus Affair)
- #8 Best Science Fiction of 2011 on Goodreads.com (Phoenix Rising)
- Locus Magazine Bestseller in September 2012 (The Janus Affair)
- 2012 Parsec Award for Best Short Story: Small Cast 2012 (“The Precarious Child” by Pip Ballantine)
- 2012 Parsec Award for Best Short Story: Large Cast 2012 (“The Seven” by PC Haring)
- Steampunk Chronicle 2012 Reader’s Choice Award for Short Story (‘Dust on the Davenport’)
- 2011 Airship Award for Best in Steampunk Literature (Phoenix Rising)